Dear USASA Members and Players,
With the proliferation of COVID-19, USASA is hereby initiating an immediate suspension of all soccer activities until March 31 when we'll reassess the situation. This includes all regional cup games, all affiliated league and tournament play and team practices, and in-person gatherings and/or administrative meetings.
USASA is committed to the health and well-being of its players, coaches, staff, and families. We'll continue to actively monitor the situation and, as always, we encourage players and families to practice repeated and proper CDC hygiene procedures on and off the field, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Don't shake hands during or after a game.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Please refer to these resources for further information:
Center for Disease Control
World Health Organization