It is with a heavy heart that we share the news that Frank Giancroce, our State Referee Administrator and an icon in Eastern Pennsylvania soccer for over 30 years, passed away earlier today due to complications from Covid-19. Frank fought hard, but this illness has taken a great man, husband, father and mentor.
The soccer community lost a giant today.
The family is forever grateful for everyone's thoughts and prayers.
Services have not yet been planned, but they will be limited to immediate family only.
As details are worked out for a future memorial we will pass them on.
Please stay safe, and let's welcome in the New Year with expectations of better things to come.
1. How long have you been affiliated with Ohio North Soccer Association?
For 38 years since 1982.
2. What is your name and title?
Dr. John P Gyekenyesi President
3. What do you enjoy most about volunteering, or what do you love most about US Adult Soccer?
Meeting interesting people from all over the world with a common interest in the world’s game.
4. Please provide a recent success story from your state association that illustrates a positive impact in your community.
Participated in convincing Hungarian Federation President and FIFA VP Dr. Sandor Csanyi in Budapest to support the US/Canada/Mexico 2026 Men’s World Cup Bid.
5. What is unique about your state association?
It is one of the oldest State Association in the USA Federation.